Tuesday 22 November 2011

Scandinavian Inspiration

I found some yarn today in our little local wool shop (which, by the way, is wonderful, although the website is a little basic). I was actually looking for yarn to make Totoro (from the film), but ended up with some balls which aren't really the 'correct' colours. But then I thought, why do they need to be the 'right' colours? What is a 'correct' colour anyway?

I think sometimes that design can be led by materials as well as other inspirations. Now my Totoro will be Scandinavian-style, which I'm quite excited about! I think I may have been influenced somewhat by Brella's wonderful Norwegian Totoro mittens, which are just adorable. I don't knit though, so I can't make them... Yet.

Anyway, here are the yarns I chose. They are Louisa Harding 'Thistle', which is a lovely Alpaca/Merino blend.


No comments:

Post a Comment